By understanding the evolution of theoretical biomechanical models we can better appreciate today’s science and how to best utilise it for our patients’ benefit. Here are some key features of the most well-known theories:
Subtalar Neutral Theory:
- Subtalar axis is neutral, meaning neither pronated nor supinated
- Bisection of posterior calcaneus is vertical
- Metatarsophalangeal joint line is perpendicular to the bisector of posterior calcaneus
- Foot is rotated outward approximated 7-10 degrees
Sagittal Plane Facilitation Theory:
- Hallux limitus is a dysfunction for full propulsion
- Lack of full propulsion can lead to other pathologies such as plantar fasciitis, flat foot, chronic back pain, etc
- Hallux limitus results in full body compensation such as a propulsive gait with delayed heel lift- off, overload to lateral column of foot, flexed body position, etc
Copyright 2016 MASS4D® All rights reserved.
Rehabilitation of Your Foot and Lower Back Conditions.
Long Lasting Wear
Strong Foot Support
Easy to use
Handmade MASS4D® Quality
Sign up for free recommended foot exercises, stretching, medical news and everything good for your feet
Please have a a look at our medical reviews and clinical articles on everything about lower biomechanics.
You should always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions regarding personal health or medical conditions.
The content, products and services offered herein, are here to educate consumers on healthcare and medical issues that may affect their daily lives. Nothing in the content, products or services should be considered, or used as a substitute for, medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. This site and its services do not constitute the practice of any medical, nursing or other professional healthcare advice, diagnosis or treatment.
The marks "MASS4D" and the MASS4D logo are trademarks. The content and design of MASS4D.com is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, display, transmit or frame any of these materials without prior written consent from MASS4D®.
The content, products or services on this site should not be considered or used as a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and is not intended to provide individual medical advice. Included materials and conversations do not imply a personalised doctor-patient relationship.
Copyright and Intellectual property
MASS4D® is owned and operated by Scheibye General Trading LLC - Licence no: 853463
MASS4D® and Logo are registered trademarks of MASS4D Inc. All content, trademarks, artwork, and associated imagery are trademarks and/or copyright material of MASS4D® Inc.